One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Senior QA Automation Engineer (Remote)
REMOTE – US
ANALYTICS & ENGINEERING SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. We are the fastest-growing company in the Americas (Financial Times). In the last five years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $10 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card is the fastest growing credit card in America (Nilson Report). Combining the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan helps us redefine banking.
Upgrade has been named a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area three years in a row, one of the Top Companies to work for in Arizona, Best Engineering Team” and we have received awards for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1300 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
About our Quality Assurance Team:
Our QA team has end-to-end ownership to build a quality product. Through automation and functional testing, they validate a variety of products to offer our customers a seamless banking experience.
As a QA Engineer, you will work directly with our product teams and will participate in application specification reviews and architectural design sessions by providing input from a quality standpoint. You will also identify testing strategies for various features and functionalities. Within your first year, you will develop an understanding of how to deliver high performing software at pace of development. You will work in an environment that promotes ownership at all levels including configuring and monitoring apps in production.
Our Core Technologies Include:
Java, Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Maven, Git, Jenkins, ArgoCD, SQL, REST Assured, SumoLogic, Docker, Kubernetes, Gatling, Linux
What You’ll Do:
- Execute functional/performance tests by spinning up disposable environments on demand to deploy microservices with different versions and configurations, and customize database content.
- Develop test automation at the pace of feature development utilizing our functional and performance test frameworks.
- Customize, configure, patch services, and deploy infrastructure and code changes all the way through to production.
- Analyze log files and troubleshoot production issues by automating and reproducing them in a non-production environment.
- Plan, create, and implement strategies/solutions for feature validations and test automation.
What We Look For:
- Ability to develop test automation in Java using Selenium to utilize Integrated Development environments (IDE) such as IntelliJ or Eclipse.
- Experience in deploying services in various environments such as Kubernetes, using deployment tools like ArgoCD and Jenkins.
- Capability to improve efficiency of existing test infrastructure using Docker, Selenium and headless browser executions.
- Familiarity with log aggregators such as SumoLogic, Kibana, or Splunk, and app monitoring tools such as Honeycomb, or Grafana.
- Passion for automating tests and delivering high quality features in a fast paced environment.
- Comfortable working in Agile methodology.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan.
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) company match program.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Paid parental leave.
- Health and wellness initiatives.
– Competitive salary and stock option plan
– 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
– 401K match
– Unlimited vacation
– Learning stipend for personal growth and development
– Paid parental leave
– Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value ersity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.