One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
Assistant Editor, Contributors
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive ersity, equity and inclusion.
The Assistant Editor, Contributors will help train our 2,500 outside writers to ensure that they consistently produce high-quality digital journalism on the beats most important to Forbes and its readers.
This editor will report to the Assistant Managing Editor, Contributors, and will work across newsroom departments and in collaboration with Product, Video, Social, Audience Development and Newsletter teams to help attract new readers.
In addition to working with a group of contributors on a specific subject area, this editor will also lead our education and training programs for all contributors to ensure that all are following best practices for ethical journalism, audience development, multimedia formats, and other areas for growth.
- Work specifically with our most prolific contributors for Innovation & Technology, Education, and ForbesWomen to increase their posts and improve their quality
- Better enable contributors to consistently produce high-quality editorial posts and products on the biggest stories driving the news
- Develop training curriculum for new contributors and seminars for existing contributors on audience development, new storytelling formats, and other publishing topics
- Train and support contributors on journalism questions and how to use and optimize Forbes publishing tools to maximum effect
- Lead regular virtual training sessions and in-person seminars when possible
- Analyze audience data for strategic decision-making on coverage and provide actionable guidance and training to contributors and other editors
- Assist in recruiting and developing new contributors with erse backgrounds, expertise and experiences, and help vet potential contributors
- Collaborate with newsroom colleagues on projects and impactful coverage that is authentic to the Forbes brand
- Unimpeachable news judgment, cool diplomacy skills and demonstrated expertise in in Forbes’ key areas of coverage
- Experience teaching journalism or training colleagues on new tools, best practices, and adoption of new formats
- Expert line-editing skills with an ear for voice and the ability to provide editorial guidance to subject-matter experts
- Background in multi-platform journalism, from working on newsletters and video series and podcasts to collaborating with data analysts and social media to increase audience and engagement is highly prized
- At five years professional journalism experience in a newsroom
The annual salary range for this role is $62,400 to $65,000
Forbes has estimated the compensation range set forth above in good faith. The compensation range is what we believe we will offer, and ultimately pay, a successful candidate. In determining this range, we consider the experience, level of education (if applicable to the role), knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be had by a successful candidate as well as the budget and the company’s pay rates, generally. This said, we may have to make changes to our compensation estimates and job descriptions from time to time and we expressly reserve the right to do so. Should we make any such changes, this advertisement will be revised to reflect such revisions. We encourage you to occasionally re-visit this advertisement to ensure that you are abreast of any changes. Thank you for your interest in joining Forbes!
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.