One stop solution to your remote job hunt!
By signing up you get access to highly customizable remote jobs newsletter, An app which helps you in your job hunt by providing you all the necessary tools.
OccamSec is a leading provider in the world of cybersecurity. Our clients rely on us to provide information security services that exceed current industry standards. We provide accurate, actionable information to reduce risk and enable better informed decisions. Our unique end-to-end solutions detect, identify, respond, and protect in order to maximize the effectiveness of our clients' security programs.
We are looking for security-focused penetration testers with two - three years of professional experience to join our team. Job duties will include penetration testing, security analysis, security architecture and design, and research into current technologies and attacks.
- A Penetration Tester must have (or develop) the experience, technical skill, consulting finesse, and management skills required to deliver a broad variety of technically demanding projects, including network penetration test, web application assessments, threat hunting, and more.
- Depending on level, consultants may be expected to act as technical leads on projects and focus on developing skills needed to continue delivering high-quality projects, help colleagues at OccamSec through the act of mentoring, and exhibit technical prowess via research and tool development.
- Some travel may be required, although much of our work can be delivered remotely. We also monitor travel so that no one spends too much time on the road – our goal is to ensure that no one gets burnt out.
Desired Experience / Skills
- At least two - three years of professional experience in this role required;
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States;
- Web application and web service testing;
- Network infrastructure penetration testing;
- Mobile application security testing (Android and iOS);
- Able to perform security-focused code review in 2+ programming languages;
- Familiarity with secure configuration of Windows, Linux, and MacOS systems;
- Familiar with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform;
- Familiar with OS internals, virtualization, or container technologies;
- Able to guide clients through secure design methodologies such as threat modeling and attack surface enumeration;
- Knowledge of hardware and embedded system security;
- Familiarity with cryptography;
- Detailed knowledge of bootloaders, operating systems, and drivers; and
- Ability to perform black-box reverse engineering.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills;
- High level of professionalism;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Self-motivated and a demonstrated self-started;
- Highly Dependable; and
- Willingness to travel.
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive health packages;
- Life insurance;
- 401k plan with company contributions;
- Maternity and parental leave;
- On-the-job training opportunities; and
- Paid, flexible vacation.