This is a remote role for anyone based in Europe
Fonoa is building a next-generation API solution that enables automating a manual and laborious process for companies operating globally, with tax being at the heart of our product.
We're already available in 60+ countries to enable businesses to meet their tax obligations and are looking to continue to expand. To render our growth, we're looking for a Tax Technology Manager who will have the mission to bridge the gap between tax requirements and our existing product lines to help us continue to scale our offering.
You will be specifically working on the technical implementation of the indirect tax (VAT/GST) within our platform where you will conduct research, design and end-to-end delivery into our product lines. This is a varied role, as you'll be one of our tax experts, implementing tax logic, test outputs, and establishing the level and type of data needed for compliance and country tax filings.
This role will be reporting to the Head of Product Innovation and Tax as well as working closely with our current Engineering, Product and Design teams.
We are solving one of the largest yet unsolved problems in global e-commerce and looking for people with hunger for a new challenge and drive to solve a ubiquitous problem for companies selling globally.
Our clients range from world-leading marketplaces, e-commerce, delivery to household-name mobility companies.
The areas you will be working on:
- Work across teams and functions to design and build world-class indirect tax automation products ready for the digital future
- Research tax requirements, draft blueprints and implementation briefs for the broader teams working on our product development
- Develop a robust understanding of international tax standards and how they indirectly/directly impact our product
- Investigate customer needs and product opportunities and translating these into tangible product recommendations
- Work with external advisers and service providers to ensure our products and systems are meeting the highest tax technical and content standards
- Monitor market developments, including relevant legislative changes on indirect tax, (real-time) reporting, marketplace liability developments, e-invoicing requirements etc. and translate these into actionable input for our broader product and engineering teams
- Have at least 3 years of experience in indirect tax with relevant tax qualifications
- Relevant tax education and broad knowledge of current international Indirect tax (VAT/GST) laws and regulations
- Both public accounting / legal firm and industry experience
- Experience within a fast-growing international organization
- Are curious, like to understand how things work
- Like to solve problems, turning complex problems into simple solutions
- Are self-directed and capable to work autonomously
- Experience with indirect taxes as it relates to the distribution of digital services and physical products
- Passionate about technology and innovation
- Ability to research and communicate technical tax issues clearly to non-tax team members and work effectively across all functional teams
- Have full professional proficiency in English, written and spoken
Nice to haves
Fintech, marketplace and/or e-commerce experience is a big bonus
- A very competitive compensation package including equity
- Ability to work from any place in the world
- A budget to purchase any equipment you need to do your job comfortably or access to a co-working space
- An annual, expenses paid global meetup of the Fonoa team somewhere fun in the world (post-Covid)
- A place on a rocketship backed by best-in-class VCs and operators innovating in an overlooked and unsexy area and doing it profitably and sustainably
- A community and culture of builders and problem solver
At Fonoa, we automate taxes for marketplaces, digital content platforms, ride-sharing, delivery, SaaS, and e-commerce globally.
If you want to launch a business today, there are plenty of products out there to help you get going - from Stripe for payments to Twilio for customer engagement.
How come figuring out taxes is so hard? Why isn't there an easy way to implement a solution to handle all your taxes on products and services sold worldwide?
- Enter Fonoa.
- We help clients reduce the cost of operations and manual workload when selling internationally.
- Our product suite enables users to automatically assign tax rates to each online transaction, create locally compliant receipts & invoices, and report them to tax authorities.
- We are an API-first company and our product suite runs seamlessly with minimum manual work required from the user.
- Our mission is to automate repetitive and fragmented manual tasks conducted by finance teams and developers via an easy to use API.
- Our clients range from world-leading marketplaces, e-commerce, delivery to household-name mobility companies.
We are a remote-first team working across +10 countries. We focus on building best in class products based on observed customer needs and previous industry experience.
Our team has an excellent track record of solving challenging problems at companies such as Uber, Amazon, Grab, Hopin, Farfetch, McKinsey, Trivago, Rocket Internet, and EY.
We are expanding our global presence and looking for many new team members to join us!
- Fonoa is a fully remote company and team members working across +10 different countries in a fully-distributed way
- Flexible hours, set your own schedule that fits you
- Best ideas win, no matter who expresses them
- Builder's first mindset. We give everyone a lot of autonomy to think of and deliver on their ideas
- We move fast and enable small teams to ideate, prototype, test, and iterate quickly
- Flat structure, excited team members, great incentives, no corporate BS
- We value writing, mental clarity, and neat digital organization skills
- We nurture asynchronous communication enabling everyone in the team to organize their work however they see fit
Remote but has to be between UTC-1 and UTC+3. Please don't apply if you can't fit your long-term schedule during those working hours. However, we will soon be expanding our preferred time zones, so stay tuned!
We only accept applications from individuals. We are not looking for outsourcing agencies. Any request or application from companies will not be processed.Summary
Company name: Fonoa
Remote job title: Tax Technology Manager
Job tags: saas, business services, legal, payment gateway